Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 4 Blog

Since Integrating technology in the classroom has become a major focus in my school district over the past two years. The Florida Department of Education has become very hands on with our district because of low standardized test scores and one of the biggest deficiencies they see in our classrooms is the lack of student’s engagement due to inadequate use of technology.

In an attempt to address this problem I will be presenting project based learning activity that will require my students to use multiple technology tools in order to design their very own virtual museum. The technology tools being used will consist of computers, Ipads'/Ipods, adobe elements, clip art, and Microsoft word. Since we will be using a vast variety of technology tools I believe it will be very important for me to make sure my students have prior knowledge of the tools we will be using.

Part of my game has consisted of me getting familiar with the adobe elements so I can effectively model how to use it. One problem I am having that I mentioned in another post is what type of alternative activity do I provide students whose parents want sign the Internet usage permission slips?

Jerry Brown

1 comment:

  1. I also feel it is important for you to understand what you will be teaching your students in order to be effective. It is also important to have a good working knowledge of materials so you can assist students with any difficulties they may encounter.

    It will be difficult to find an alternative activity for those who can not use the Internet. Perhaps one answer is to provide your students with the Internet research portion completed. The students could be given the research in print which would still allow them to do the project part. What are the parent reservations about the internet?

    ReplyDelete